Monday, July 16, 2012

Our walk through Uptown


One of the notes that I left in Uptown

Last friday, the members of Girl World 2.0 went on a walk exploring Uptown,  and leaving nice notes for people to find. This was a very nice experience for me, cause I've never really seen that much of Uptown.  This walk changed some of my previous opinions of Uptown, cause I thought that Uptown was only what you hear about in the news.  A very gang afiliated, dangerous place.  But in reality, yes Uptown does have these things, but they also have more parks for children to play in than any other neighborhoods in Chicago that I've seen.  It was very quiet outside, and not much was going on, which is very different from my neighborhood. Cause in my neighborhood there are a million 12 and under year old kids, always running around being loud and wild.  So Uptown's quiet atmosphere was a pleasant surprise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment